Job Title: IT Support Technician
Position Type: Salary – Full Time / W2 with benefits
Job Location: At Company HQ in Greenville, PA
Salary: Experience and skill set dependent
Post Date: Oct 1st 2013
[separator text=”Travel Requirement“]
>70% At or near company HQ
Note: Company vehicles are provided on an as needed basis
[separator text=”About the Company“]
Cross IT is a regional IT consulting firm dedicated to helping organizations successfully deploy complex information technology solutions with ease. We work closely with our clients to design, install and maintain computer systems ranging from as few as five desktops to networks with over 10,000 active nodes. Since our founding in 2004, we have grown to employ 14-16 professionals in Western Pennsylvania. Our workforce includes individuals with a wide range of skills and certifications from vendors including VMware, Microsoft, Apple, RedHat, Asterix, HP/3Com, JetStor, Promise, Qlogic, FileMaker and SonicWALL.
[separator]About the Opportunity[/separator]
IT Support Technicians are entry-level IT professionals that provide our customers with high quality, customer service oriented technical support for computer systems running Microsoft and Apple operating systems. Prospective candidates must be highly professional, charismatic and possess the ability to function as productive team members. Ideal candidates will welcome the opportunity to grow their skillset through field experience, on the job training and professional development opportunities.
- Provide principal technical support for clients, team members and internal users
- Respond promptly and professionally to technical issues
- Fully document any technical changes to our client’s systems
- Associates degree or equivalent IT work experience
- Minimum 90 day commercial IT internship or equivalent work experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and technical judgment
- Technology troubleshooting skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and training
- Ability to pass yearly criminal background checks
- Valid driver’s license
- Two years experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems such as Windows XP (Win 7 experience preferred).
- Previous experience with Microsoft server operating systems such as Win 2003 (Win 2008/2008R2 experience preferred) is a plus.
- Basic experience using and supporting Microsoft Windows software such as recent versions of MS Office.
- Awareness of small business networking technologies (any experience a plus)
- Basic understanding of Mac OS X
- SonicWALL firewall experience a plus.
- VOIP Phone system experience a plus.
- Cisco experience a plus.
- UNIX/Linux experience a plus.
- Database experience (especially FileMaker Pro) a plus.
- Web Development experience a plus.
- Previous sales and customer service experience a plus.
[infobox last_column=”true” size=”col-12″ color=”red” closable=”false”]Please DO NOT contact us by phone. All resumes must be emailed to email@example.com in PDF format.[/infobox]